Child Nutrition


Legal statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form (AD-3027), also available at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.

Submit your completed form or letter to USDA one of the following methods. 

  • Mail

    U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410

  • Fax: (202) 690-7442

  • Email: [email protected].

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

If you feel that you have been subjected to Discrimination:

File a USDA Civil Rights Complaint at: USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form (AD-3027)

For further information on discrimination complaints, please contact Norma Gonzalez at 817-252-2040 or email at [email protected] .

Complaints may be submitted verbally to any Child Nutrition staff member and the complaint will be forwarded to the Texas Department of Agriculture. Complaints may also be submitted directly to USDA via email, mail or fax. Complaints may also be sent to the Texas Department of Agriculture. A form is available at the below link.

Texas Department of Agriculture Complaint Form