||The Castleberry High School Band and Cross Country Teams were recognized for their outstanding achievements at the CISD Board of Trustees Meeting on Monday, December 10, 2012. Gene Lamb, Executive Director of Administrative Services, recognized the directors and student representatives of the CHS Band in honor of them qualifying for the Texas State Marching Band Contest.
CHS Band Recognitions
Mr. Lamb first introduced Dave Daniel, Head Band Director, began teaching in Castleberry ISD in 1991. Mr. Daniel directs the marching band, symphonic band, teaches beginners, and assists with the other middle school and high school bands.
The other recognitions included:
• Wes Griffin, Assistant Band Director at Castleberry High School since 2004, attended college at Texas Wesleyan University who teaches all the District’s percussion students, the marching band drum line, and directs the high school jazz band.
• Megan Meyer, Assistant Band Director at Irma Marsh Middle School, teaches the color guard, beginning band, the middle school concert band, and assists with other middle and high school bands.
• Matt Daily, Band Director at Irma Marsh Middle School, teaches beginning band students, the middle school symphonic band, and assists with the other middle school and high school bands.
After the directors were introduced, band drum majors and officers were recognized for leading the band to the UIL State Marching Contest.
• Madeleine F., a 12th grade student at CHS, is currently serving as both Drum Major and Band President. In addition, she plays the flute and recently qualified for the Area Band and will be auditioning for the All-State Band January 12th.
• Brandie P., a 12th grade student, also serves as a band Drum Major and shows excellent leadership qualities.
• Logan O., another 12th grader, is Band Vice President and a trombone player in the band.
• James H., an 11th grader, is Band Secretary, and is a percussionist, playing tenors in the drumline.
• Naomi G., also an 11th grader, is the Band Historian and a member of the CHS Color Guard.
CISD is very proud of the accomplishments of the 2012-2013 CHS Marching Band.
Cross Country Team Recognitions
Lenny Lasher, Director of Student Services, recognized several amazing athletes, and their coach, from Castleberry High School.
Bart Beasley, Boys Cross Country Coach, was recognized for his hard work, dedication, and time commitment to the student-athletes at CISD. Mr. Beasley teaches World Geography at Castleberry High School and is the Head Boys Cross Country Coach, Head Boys Basketball Coach, and Head Boys & Girls Golf Coach.
Coach Beasley is serving in his seventh year as the Head Boys Cross Country Coach in which his team led Castleberry High School to a District 6-3A Championship. In turn, the team advanced to the UIL Regional I Championships in Lubbock. In the past six years, Coach Beasley’s teams have won two District Championships, four District Runner ups, qualified forty-five Regional participants, and one State participant.
Several outstanding Cross Country students were introduced and noted for their accomplishments.
• Cristian A., an 11th grader, was acknowledged for placing 3rd in the boys cross country district meet and has tremendous potential to be the district champion next year.
• Moses A., a 9th grader, was noted for his dedication to the boys’ cross country team. Moses was the only freshman to qualify for Varsity and has the potential to be a very good runner in the future.
• Jose B., a 10th grader, was recognized as one of the school’s top cross country runners, placing 9th at the district meet.
• Juan G., an 11th grader, received recognition as the CISD Boys Cross Country’s #1 runner throughout the year, medaling almost weekly during the season. Juan was the District 6-3A Champion for 2012 and has the potential to be one of the top runners in Class 3A.
• Jacob H., a 12th grader, was praised for making a huge impact on the Boys Cross Country Team. By the end of the year, Jacob was consistently the team’s number 4 runner and placed 6th at the district meet.
• Eddie J., a 12th grader, accepted notice for his leadership on the Boys Cross Country Team. Eddie is the captain, leader, and backbone of the team. He placed 4th at the district meet this year. His dedication, work ethic, and passion are unmatched.
• Adrian P., a 10th grader on the team, is a young runner, and the coach expects great things from him in the future.
• Eduardo T., a 10th grader on the team, finished 2nd in the 6-3A Junior Varsity Meet which made him the alternate for the regional meet.
CISD is very proud of the accomplishments of the 2012-2013 Boys Cross Country Team.